To Apply Click Here
Full Job Description
The Strategy Group VI, LLC (TSG) is a United States Virgin Islands-based (USVI) Limited Liability Company and a certified Minority Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (M/DBE) founded in early 2019. TSG offers its clients three service lines: Tax Solutions, Business Solutions and Public Relations and Marketing (PR+M). TSG is quickly becoming the professional services firm of choice in the USVI and abroad.
The Accounting & Document Controls Specialist at TSG will be responsible for overseeing the financial accounting and management of specific disaster recovery projects throughout the territory. They will also define how documents will be managed and establish a process for organizing and storing all project documents. The Accounting & Document Controls Specialist will work closely with the client’s accounting department to track actual budget data to planned expenditures and develop project expense tracking reports. They will be responsible for the development and implementation of internal controls to guide the disbursement and payment reconciliation processes to ensure compliance with grant regulations and local laws. The Accounting & Document Controls Specialist will report directly to the Program Manager and will provide regular status updates to help ensure projects stay within budget. The Accounting & Document Controls Specialist must be a credible and dependable team member with strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Oversee financial accounting processes and tasks for a portfolio of disaster recovery projects
- Work closely with key stakeholders during project initiation to establish the necessary process and format for vendor invoicing and pay requests
- Track actual budget data to planned expenditures
- Provide budget planning support for contracted expenditures and funding grants
- Produce project expense tracking reports and other financial reports as needed
- Review contractor/subcontractor invoices and supporting documentation submitted to the client for payment to ensure they are from approved vendors, are in accordance with the approved contract, and meet grant requirements and local laws
- Inspect each progress payment to ensure the requested amount reflects the work that has been completed and is properly billed
- Define how documents will be managed and establish the process of organizing, storing, protecting, revising, versioning, and sharing documents
- Participate in risk management activities; support the review and approval of changes that impact project budget
- Provide information for project status reports and use project management tools necessary to perform the PMO budget management process
- Track time spent working on project
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance or Accounting)
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting and/or compliance experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a complex workload with aggressive schedules
- Ability to prioritize meeting changing deadlines and requests while strategically thinking ahead and not sacrificing work quality
- Advanced computer and digital literacy skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Maintains confidentiality, neutrality, and professionalism in role
- Consulting with Government Services experience
- Experience working on construction projects and/or disaster recovery projects
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Strategy Group VI, LLC (TSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
TSG committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Other Employment Statements
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of The Strategy Group, VI or an affiliated TSG business may not be eligible for consideration.
- Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
- TSG will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the TSG’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time-Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.